Who's The Crafter Chick?!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Pink Crochet Flowers and the Runner Rug

I LOVE bright and bold colors....I love to mix things that you would not normally expect. And then again...I love the traditional.

In this runner rug, I knitted using size 13 needles in Garter Stitch . Cast on was 60 and I knitted for 150 rows, using all of 3 skeins of the Lion Brand's Hometown USA Yarn that I won about a month ago from a Lion Brand contest. :D The flowers are just easy little put together crochet thingies! I found it hard to crochet that fat yarn, though, and did it in a loose manner after a couple of tries. (This yarn is as thick as rope!)

I now notice that the fringe on the right side is a little sparse compared to the other...the uneven is the new symmetrical look. o_O
Also, I got the idea to crochet some little flowers to add to my mini scrapbook albums. I smothered them with glitter glue and I love how they turned out. Soooo sweet!










I think I will try making some of the little flowers with the 'magic loop' and see how they turn out! Mmm what else?? I guess that's it. Talk soon!
xoxoxo
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. I love the flowers. I love the little runner rug too. So cute. :)

    Jeeze. I had to switch an error in the above comment and they still let everyone know that I commented. LOL.

    ReplyDelete